Autocorrect Thingie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autocorrect Thingie

I don't know if it's something that Firefox is doing, or that TBHA is doing, but it's autocorrect.

Which would be massively convenient, except for one thing.

When you misspell a word and it gets autocorrected, the forum stops accepting text. I'll be typing along (hunter-pecker typist), only to find that the last ten or so words I'd just typed, weren't there!

Which, as most can imagine, is a very annoying discovery to make!

I found out it was the autocorrect thing, pretty much through repetition. Once I figured out what it was, I knew that I was able to go back and delete the last few letters of the autocorrected word, then retype them, after which the forums would let me go on typing blithely along again.

However, since I am a hunter-pecker typist, I often don't realize this is happening until after I've typed a good half a dozen words beyond the autocorrected word. Which, quite annoyingly, aren't there!

Can we turn this off? If so, I want it turned off toot sweet! It has got to be the most annoying bug imaginable!

I looked in my user settings, but couldn't find any options for disabling it there. So if there is a forum setting for it, please find it and turn it the f---! off!

You'll have my thanks, immeasurably!
    A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand!

This is Firefox doing it. If you want to turn it off, click on the three lines at the top right to bring up the settings menu. Go to Options. Under General Scroll down until you get to Language. There's a checkbox there for Check your spelling as you type" uncheck that and that should sort it out.
    Clip Clop.
    "Hello?"
    Clop Clip.
    "Who's there?"
    Clip Scuff.
    "You're a?"
    Whumpth Thud.

Comment

Done and done!

Thanks, bird! Me's appreciates it ridonkulously!
      A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand!

Comment

Happy to help.
        Clip Clop.
        "Hello?"
        Clop Clip.
        "Who's there?"
        Clip Scuff.
        "You're a?"
        Whumpth Thud.

Comment

Working...
        X