Insert images / videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insert images / videos

I think it's very complicated to insert videos or images here.
    When I upload an image first before writing a text, I can't write anything and have to remove the image.
    Sometimes I write a text, insert an image, video or a smiley and everything that I have written is gone.
    Is there any way to make it a bit easier?
    Btw, what's the difference between "insert image" and "upload attachment"? Seems to be the same result...
    • Site Head Administrator

You'll have to ask vBulletin. The image-uploader has been wonky ever since the release of version 5, the version we're on now.

Their customers (people like us) have been after them for years to improve it. They have made some improvements to it, but it is still confusing and still a pain in the arse to use.

As to adding texts and stuff, it is just best to write those in the post you're uploading the image into. I have no clue how that is supposed to work in the uploader. I'm not sure vBulliten does either.

As to "Insert Image", that is supposed to insert it right into the post. "Upload Attachment" is suppose to let you manipulate the image differently. How? Your guess is as good as mine. And again, I'm not sure vBulletin knows, either.
    A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand!

Comment

vBulletin has uploading for photos and files. They're starting to realize this was a dumb idea and they're starting to merge the functionality into one. So it will get easier as it goes.
      Clip Clop.
      "Hello?"
      Clop Clip.
      "Who's there?"
      Clip Scuff.
      "You're a?"
      Whumpth Thud.

Comment

So we can only hope that vBulletin some day get's an update on that to make it easier to use...
        • Site Head Administrator

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbird View Post
          So we can only hope that vBulletin some day get's an update on that to make it easier to use...
          Yeah, unfortunately.
          Clip Clop.
          "Hello?"
          Clop Clip.
          "Who's there?"
          Clip Scuff.
          "You're a?"
          Whumpth Thud.

Comment

Working...
          X