Last Donation Drive of the Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Donation Drive of the Year

2022 is coming to an end, and I wanted to say thanks for all the fun stuff being posted and talked about here this year.

I'm opening up donations again, to help keep the site going into 2023. Last time, we got a handful of folks donating, which topped us off to the end of the year.

But, we're running low, now, and I'd like to ask you all to consider making a donation. Just use the Paypal button on the main page to send one in.

As always, I understand that money is tight for everyone, so if you can't, that's completely fine. However, if you can, and you appreciate the site and the work I do to keep it running, then your support will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, everyone!
    Clip Clop.
    "Hello?"
    Clop Clip.
    "Who's there?"
    Clip Scuff.
    "You're a?"
    Whumpth Thud.

Thank you, Nightbird for the donation. ?
    Clip Clop.
    "Hello?"
    Clop Clip.
    "Who's there?"
    Clip Scuff.
    "You're a?"
    Whumpth Thud.

Comment

Yes, I donated a few dollars this night
      • Site Head Administrator

Comment

How much is is still needed to cover the next year?

Comment

Originally posted by iloveclydes View Post
          How much is is still needed to cover the next year?
          In total, we are about $100 short for the domain and server, for the entirety of the year.
          Clip Clop.
          "Hello?"
          Clop Clip.
          "Who's there?"
          Clip Scuff.
          "You're a?"
          Whumpth Thud.

Comment

I'll pledge $50 but got to wait till next pay (end of month), if that's alright.

Comment

That's very generous of you iloveclydes . The end of the month is fine, too.

Thank you very much for the support!
              Clip Clop.
              "Hello?"
              Clop Clip.
              "Who's there?"
              Clip Scuff.
              "You're a?"
              Whumpth Thud.

Comment

How much is still needed? I am happy to donate towards bills or improvements.

Comment

Originally posted by Doormat View Post
                  How much is still needed? I am happy to donate towards bills or improvements.
                  I just renewed the domain so the site wouldn't go down, that was $20. The server has about four months of running time on it.

1 Month is $8.
                  Domain was $20.

Basically, $100 runs the site for the whole year.

I am also looking at an email solution, but haven't found anything yet.
                  Clip Clop.
                  "Hello?"
                  Clop Clip.
                  "Who's there?"
                  Clip Scuff.
                  "You're a?"
                  Whumpth Thud.

Comment

Thank you. Donation made.

Comment

Thank you. Donation made.
                      Thank you. I'll add this to the server as soon as it clears.
                      Clip Clop.
                      "Hello?"
                      Clop Clip.
                      "Who's there?"
                      Clip Scuff.
                      "You're a?"
                      Whumpth Thud.

Comment

Presston, I know this has been covered in the past, but I can't find the posts. What is stopping the site from hosting images and clips? I know it was expensive but is there anything else?

I'm asking because I had a disk fail a year or so back and lost all the clips I had. Rather than sponging them off everyone here all over again I'd like to know what it would take to make them accessible to everyone and how I can contribute to that.

I've not contributed much to the site in the past - I don't have clips of my own - at least until the donation made this year (I hope it went through?) So maybe I can give something back while solving my own problem.

Comment

Presston, I know this has been covered in the past, but I can't find the posts. What is stopping the site from hosting images and clips? I know it was expensive but is there anything else?

I'm asking because I had a disk fail a year or so back and lost all the clips I had. Rather than sponging them off everyone here all over again I'd like to know what it would take to make them accessible to everyone and how I can contribute to that.

I've not contributed much to the site in the past - I don't have clips of my own - at least until the donation made this year (I hope it went through?) So maybe I can give something back while solving my own problem.
                          What it takes is money to buy space. It costs a lot to store images and clips. THe larger the file, and the more of them there are, the more costly. Plus, there's liability to think about, too.

When it comes to your donation, PM me with when you donated and the amount. Because I think it did, but I'm not sure.
                          Clip Clop.
                          "Hello?"
                          Clop Clip.
                          "Who's there?"
                          Clip Scuff.
                          "You're a?"
                          Whumpth Thud.

Comment

Working...
                          X